Saturday, July 05, 2008

Neighborhood Celebrations


Ever since I moved here, I have enjoyed a special event in the summer ... the Fourth of July Celebration. While many head to the big publicized fireworks show, I join my neighbors and look into the sky from my front yard. It's amazing to me that people invest so much in their own shows! Of course, I have my camera in hand. But to capture the bursts of light is a big challenge! They are going on all around us and while I've got my camera pointed in one direction, something spectacular happens to the side or behind me, and when I turn to look, I miss the next one. I think I need to invest in a swivel chair.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

How slow do you want the fire to burn?

  Just a little over a year ago, I had an urge to set up my special writing place. One person I wanted to tell was my aunt because I had bee...