Monday, July 16, 2007

Liberty


I have been so blessed over the past couple of years to have visited places like these where history comes alive. I still don't consider myself a history buff or even an avid fan, but to see the icons of freedom for myself is so inspiring! I don't know why. I can't really explain it. But it's a moment of awe when I can see and touch and photograph things like this. Naturally, I have TONS of photos ... but I chose this one because of the grand scale when one realizes those little dots are people.

And I have to deeply thank my "back home" friend, Connie, for making this part of my New York adventure possible. She works for the Statue's non-profit organization and was able to get us on the boat just in the nick of time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

How slow do you want the fire to burn?

  Just a little over a year ago, I had an urge to set up my special writing place. One person I wanted to tell was my aunt because I had bee...